Employees are invaluable part of any company, and ensuring their excellent mental health sets them up to perform well. Happy, healthy, fulfilled staff members are more productive, more forward-thinking, and better able to come up with innovative and creative solutions within their roles. However, employee burnout is a global concern. In a survey of over 1000 respondents by Deloitte, 77% say they have experienced burnout at their current job. 91% say that unmanageable stress or frustration impacts the quality of their work, and 83% say burnout can negatively impact personal relationships.
There are many reasons it’s beneficial for companies to support and encourage wellness in the workplace. Let’s focus on seven of them:
- Boost productivity – research shows that employees that join wellness programs are more focused and more motivated to give their best.
- Reduce stress levels – better diet and good sleep hygiene help to relieve the stress.
- Increased engagement – employees with wellness programs help them feel more connected to each other and the company in general.
- Retain key talents – employees who feel appreciated are less likely to switch employers.
- Improve employees’ morale and happiness – Wellness programs are like compliments from employers. This important benefit demonstrates how much an organization cares about its employees’ well-being both at the their workplace and at home.
- Enhance teamwork – Increasing attendance at work is an outcome of good teamwork among colleagues.
- Acquire new talents – Having a wellness program on the workplace is a benefit that can not only retain key talents, but also attract new ones.
It is also worth mentioning that 52% of the employees who participate in wellness programs have fewer sick days, 80% feel happier to go to work and 85% are willing to stay on the job. Therefore, companies should strive to take care of their employees, especially when they’re out on the other side of a computer screen, so that they can work in a conducive environment. When a company takes care of its employees, then the employees take care of company’s success.